Judged Pittsburgh’s Best — 10 Years in a Row
OUR MISSION: To produce the nation’s best magazine journalism. Our readers — the region’s wealthiest and most influential leaders in every major sector — deserve no less. Their time is precious, and we don’t waste it. They recognize quality, and we deliver it with unparalleled writers, artists and photographers who have more than 40 Pulitzer Prizes and nominations.
A SUPERIOR REGIONAL MAGAZINE: Winner of the prestigious Folio Eddie Awards — the global magazine industry’s biggest competition for editorial excellence — Pittsburgh Quarterly has also been judged to be western Pennsylvania’s best magazine 10 years in a row by the Golden Quill Awards, decided by out-of-town journalists. Each issue is packed with award-winning features, with more than 30 distinctive stories every quarter.
COMMITMENT TO OUR ADVERTISERS: You will reach Pittsburgh’s top echelon of decision makers and purchasers in the publication with the longest shelf life in Pennsylvania. You deliver outstanding quality. So do we. Unlike other leaf-through/throw-away publications, Pittsburgh Quarterly engages, challenges and entertains the region’s most powerful and decisive citizens. In an age of mediocre media, Pittsburgh Quarterly is a standout exception.
Who Reads PQ?
Our sweet spot — which other media outlets can’t reach — is the very top echelon of the demographic scale. PQ readers comprise the wealthiest, most influential media audience in western Pennsylvania. More than 73 percent have a net worth exceeding $1 million, and the net worth of 54 percent exceeds $2 million. Their tremendous purchasing power is largely immune to economic cycles. Not surprisingly, our audience is also the region’s most educated — more than 75 percent have earned bachelor’s and/or graduate degrees. Our readers are Pittsburgh’s key decision makers and opinion leaders in every sector of the regional economy.
- Each quarter, we reach more than 135,000 readers via print and pittsburghquarterly.com.
- Of our quarterly press run, we deliver more than 30,000 copies through the U.S. Mail.
- Additional copies are delivered to local institutional subscribers, and PQ is available at newsstands throughout the region.
- Top Pittsburgh companies send Pittsburgh Quarterly to high-level recruits, giving these successful newcomers their first impressions of Pittsburgh.
High-end donors/donor prospects: Pittsburgh’s leading nonprofits send Pittsburgh Quarterly to their most promising donors and prospective donors.
Professional offices: Pittsburgh Quarterly is available in professional offices across the region, including all UPMC medical offices.
Travelers, Tourists: PQ is in the rooms of the region’s leading hotels.
Business recruits: Pittsburgh’s largest companies send Pittsburgh Quarterly to their most capable recruits, who form their early perceptions of Pittsburgh through the magazine.
Pittsburgh expatriates: Former Pittsburghers across the country subscribe to Pittsburgh Quarterly. They return “home” regularly and buy and donate locally.
Deadlines & Publication Dates:
Published four times annually by Bending Oak Publishing LLC
Sizes & Specifications:
magazine trim size: 8.5 x 10.875″ // binding: perfect bound // printed on: 100# cover /50# stock
superior printing & paper stock for brightness/quality // relevant editorial matching for best advertising impact
- Final artwork should be CMYK, 300 dpi files saved as a .TIF or .PDF
- Check that placed images and logos are high-resolution and that text is a suitable distance from all edges of the ad
- Make sure any crop marks used are outside of the bleed area. We prefer non-bleed ads to be submitted without crop marks.
- Use hightail.com, sendthisfile.com (or similar) for files above 15MB